Both parents have the right to raise their children.

Even if one party gets custody/majority time-sharing, the other party still has rights with regard to raising his/her child(ren).

Relocating with your child is not as easy as calling the movers and driving away. You must petition the court to allow you to move away from the other parent. This is because your move, depending upon the distance, can significantly affect the relationship between the child(ren) and the non-relocating party. So, if you intend on relocating with your child or are concerned that the other parent is about to relocate with your child, please contact Green, James and Snider to discuss matters immediately.

Time is of the essence with relocation because once a court allows the relocation process, almost nothing can be done to stop it.